Monday, May 5, 2008

Leaving out everything

So here it goes... I've got food allergies. Lots of them. The short list of what I cannot eat:
  • Eggs
  • Dairy
  • Pork
  • Wheat
  • Rice
  • Barley
  • Oats
  • Gluten
  • Corn
  • Tomato
  • Cashews
  • Food starches
  • Crab
  • Lobster
What Can I eat? Anything not in the above list...Or so you think. Did you know that there are tons of things the contain some of the above items? OMG! This means that I am screwed when walking into almost ANY store. Pick up a can, box, or bag of your favorite food and you will see one or more of the above items listed. *eye roll*
Add to this that I have to be careful with anything I ingest. In reality, no more sodas, or non-natural beverages. Vitamins are somewhat of an issue because they may contain food starch (which I have noticed I do react to)
. I have to get my calcium now from tons of other sources (almonds, salmon, spinach).
How am I doing so far? Ok I guess. My body is totally feeling a little haywire almost like this is more than just giving up food but even more like I am detoxing . Now that's scary!
I feel anxious jittery depressed and just plain cranky.

No comments: