Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Is this Normal?

Ok. So now I am doing this diet about 90% - 100% of the way. I've been asked several times either:
  • Have you noticed a difference?
  • Do you think it's helping?
Good questions. The answer to these questions is not so simple though...
Have I noticed a difference : Yes I have noticed a difference. I don't feel as tired and sick as I felt before. My skin is looking/feeling a lot better. It seems now that I am getting into the first month of eliminating everything (I'd like to call this detoxing), I am noticing that now I am getting a different variety of symptoms. These are still skin related but not the same type of eczema symptoms as before and I cannot really guarantee that these are totally eczema related per se. Now it's like I am getting acne type symptoms on the back of my head and face and from the neck down to the pelvis. They itch but after taking something, like benadryl, (in some cases) go away.

Is it helping?: I think so but it's a weird sensation that I feel atm. Body feels better and is starting to look better but it seems something is not exactly right. I've been a lot more moodier and on edge. I've been feeling down and depressed but I think part of that is normal as I get used to the new diet(?) . Granted there are other things going on in my life but between the moodiness I've been feeling tons more um frustrated (more so than my usual).

1 comment:

bradfoot said...

symptoms in both areas can be attributed to what is called a "cleansing crisis".
Keep up the good work and do not fret. After the big work is done and you are used to it, you will probably make some fine tuning changes. The tests do not cover everything and you will prolly find some other things that cause problems. Eventually you will get your diet working so it is not killing you, and that is something good.